Guaranteeing the best workflow.
Clever. Intuitiv. Powerful.
The Datavault Builder is a 4th generation Data Warehouse automation tool covering all aspects and phases of a DWH.
- Design & Development
- Lifecycle Management
Using a proven industry standards process you can start your agile Data Warehouse immediatelly and delivery business value in the first sprint.
The first step is to retrieve data from source systems. Quickly add a new source and immediately copy the data into the staging-area of the Datavault Builder.
Take advantage of the possibility to view the data before and after loading, quickly check data quality or determine top occuring terms.
- Connect to any JDBC-enabled database, such as MS Access/Excel/SQL, Oracle and IBM DB2.
- Group different Sources into Source-Systems
- Select specific Source Tables and Columns
- Directly load data and monitor progress
- Directly browse data
- Check data quality
- Determine top-terms per field
Now the integrated Core Warehouse, the Datavault, is modelled with the unique Graphical Modelling Editor.
Map the data from the staging into the historized Datavault as permanent storage and directly create automatable loading procedures.
- Quickly develop structure with prototyp-elements
- Create Business Key Hubs, Links and Attribute Satellites
- Convert data types on the fly
- Directly initiate fully automated and historized loading
- Browse through related elements
- Search and add elements to modelling canvas
- Create Bookmarks of frequently used model-parts
- Highlight use of source-systems in datavault elements
As a final step, the data is prepared for delivery to target systems.
Easily compose Business Objects and realize custom Business Logic to supply the information in the exact state as it is needed.
- Select fields to output with drag & drop
- Rename to business-relevant terminology
Apply Custom Logic
- Realize system-specific Business Rules
- Use common SQL-Syntax for full customization
- Integrate fields from independent Lookup-Tables
To round it up, either kick on the automatically prepared load job with the click of a button or define custom jobs with individual triggers and schedules to feed in new data.